Volunteer on the Trail
No Matter Your Age or Skill Level, You Can Help!
The Blue Ridge Bartram Trail Conservancy maintains the 70+ miles of the North Carolina portion and 30+ miles of the Georgia portion of the Bartram Trail and we are dependent upon volunteers for this effort. If you are interested in helping out with trail maintenance, or in monitoring a section of the trail, we would greatly appreciate your support. We will connect you with other people in your area who are volunteering, provide you with training opportunities, and organize work trips to your section of the trail. To celebrate the continued history of William Bartram and the volunteers who help maintain the trail, we host an annual volunteer appreciation bash at Lazy Hiker in Franklin, North Carolina.
Here’s a breakdown of the different sections of the trail you can volunteer on:
North Carolina sections:
- Hale Ridge to Osage Overlook
- Osage Overlook to Jones Knob
- Jones Knob to Hickory Knoll Road
- Wallace Branch to Wayah Bald
- Wayah Bald to Wayah Road
- Wayah Road to Winding Stair (Hwy 19)
- 19 to Cheoah Bald
- Russell Bridge to Sandy Ford, 9.5 miles
- Sandy Ford Road to Warwoman Dell, 9.3 miles
- Warwoman Dell to Wilson Gap, 8.5 miles
We want to see you at our next event! See the calendar →