Join us, along with our friends at Backlot Cinema as we go Walking With Bartram. We’re completing monthly section hikes of the 110 miles Bartram Trail (plus some side hikes and reroutes) through Georgia and North Carolina.
In this docuseries, “Walking With Bartram”, we will explore the beautiful landscapes of southern Appalachia as we follow William Bartram’s footsteps.
Delving into Bartram’s love of nature and ecology, we will learn about native plants and animals, as well as the traditions and culture of the Cherokee people, which Bartram encountered on his travels here in 1775. We will also hear testimonies from hikers and conservationists who share the same passion for protecting and caring for the trail.
Follow along with us each month as we go Walking With Bartram.
Episode 1: Russel Bridge to Bynum Branch
The latest Walking With Bartram group just completed the first section of the Bartram Trail again, making it all the way from Sandy Ford back to Russell Bridge. Head over here to read about the hike.
You can also learn more about this section on our Section 1 information page.
Episode 2: Bynum Branch to Sandy Ford
Episode 3: Warwoman Dell to Sandy Ford
Episode 4: Wilson Gap to Warwoman Dell
Episode 5: Hale Ridge to Wilson Gap
Episode 6: Jones Gap to Hale Ridge
Episode 7: Jones Gap to Hickory Knoll Road
Episode 8: Road Walk Re-route Through Franklin, NC
Episode 9: Wallace Branch to Harrison Gap…and back
Episode 10: Wayah Bald to Harrison Gap
Episode 11: Wayah Bald to Lake Nantahala
Episode 12: Lake Nantahala to Appletree Campground
Episode 13: Appletree Campground to Piercy Creek
- Backlot Cinema – https://backlotcinema.com
- Blue Ridge Outdoors Magazine – http://www.blueridgeoutdoors.com
- Franklin Tourism Development Authority – http://www.discoverfranklinnc.com/
- Franklin, NC Chamber of Commerce – http://visitfranklinnc.com/
- Highlands, NC Chamber of Commerce – https://www.highlandschamber.org
- Rabun County, GA Chamber of Commerce – https://chamber.rabun.life/
- Swain County, NC Chamber of Commerce – https://www.greatsmokies.com/chamber/
Become a Sponsor
If you or your business have a special connection with the Bartram Trail and would like to sponsor an episode of Walking With Bartram, please send us an email for more information.